How Does a VPN Work on iPhone 1,273 Views
Protect Your Personal Information on the go with a VPNA VPN is a networking service that routes your mobile traffic through a private server to mask your actual location, it also hides your devices IP address for added anonymity. This virtual network creates a stable and secure connection to the internet and effectively blocks you from the hazards of unsecure public networks. What are the benefits of using a VPN on your iPhone?
• Secure your personal information when using the internet.
• Access region specific programs and information.
• Secure your personal information when using public Wi-Fi.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of ill-reputed characters on the internet who want to steal your personal details such as credit card numbers and your home address. When you use public networks you have no way of knowing truly if your information is safe. This is where VPN’s are useful, especially on your iPhone or iPad if you are out in public and using unsecure Wi-Fi services. So how Does it work on Your iPhone? Using a VPN on your iPhone can be a straightforward process and you can do this several ways. Basically your phone will connect to the internet through a Virtual Private Network as opposed to connecting directly. Your traffic and data will be transferred through the VPN before it reaches your phone, and vice versa for outgoing data with the VPN acting like a bridge.
1. Connecting to a Business VPNYour workplace may provide a VPN which you can connect to : This could be as an added security measure for their workforce when accessing the web, or to control and restrict outgoing data. Company intranets could be accessed on a VPN or it could be used for the transferral of documents and data in a secure environment. To connect to a business VPN on your iPhone you would need to go through the settings menu to the VPN option and the follow instructions laid out by your employers.
2. Connecting to a VPN Through an App Aside from private VPN’s operated by businessesthere are a variety of VPN apps available to download through the Apple store which allow you to create a VPN or connect to a private VPN for the purposes described in the original section of this article. To use a VPN app you would simply need to install the app on your iPhone and then follow the instructions given to create or connect to a network.
3. Connect to an OpenVPNOpenVPN is an open source VPN software that allows the creation of secure VPN networks. There are apps available that allow you to access this service on your iPhone.
Those are the main three routes you can take to access or create a VPN on your iPhone, and the basics of how it works. Remember that a VPN is used as a security measure that routes your iPhones incoming and outgoing internet traffic through a secure server to stop any potential harm coming to your device or personal information.
Published : Fri 09 Mar 2018
Updated : Fri 27 Mar 2020
Updated : Fri 27 Mar 2020